Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How Important Is This Change To You?


Change is so hard. As I get closer to my goal of working as a Wellness Coach, I think a lot about the journey I will be traveling on with my clients. Change can be exciting, but more often than not it's pretty scary. In my Wellcoaches training we have talked a lot about helping the client remember their past successes. I like to call them wins! Whether it was that time in college when you were able to stick to a workout routine or right before your wedding when you were successful with losing weight. When was a time you were successful in meeting your goal? Change is so hard for me. I am a creature of routine and habit. I  sit in the same chair to eat dinner every night and however I drive from point A to B the first time will be the route I take every time. I'm facing some big changes right now. I am so excited about the possibilities but also scared to death. But, I try to  take my own coaching suggestions and I look back at a past win. A time when I made a big change. Yes it was scary and yes it was hard but I came out on the other side.

I'm calling today Wisdom Wednesday. If you are on the road to a change of some sort, be inspired by the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. No matter what you're facing, no matter how daunting, just take that first step. You just might discover that all along you've had wings and could fly!!!!

Be Well Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!