Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Get Out Your Glue Sticks!!!



Ahh friends, where I live we are about to see some snow. When I say snow I really mean about 5 snowflakes but those 5 snowflakes will shut everything down. Seeing as how I'lll have some extra time on my hands, it's the perfect time to make a vision board!!! I'm embarking on a new journey(I can't say much about it just yet). I am really excited and scared to death all at the same time. I decided to take a break from all the heavy thinking and processing to create a vision board. What's a vision board, you ask? Well it's a creative way to visualize and bring to fruition a goal that you have. Basically, it's making a collage, just like we did as kids only this time more focused.

My first step was to not only think about my goal but the deeper reasons behind my goal. For instance if your goal is to meditate every day, think about the real reasons behind that goal. Finding peace and relaxation, stress management etc. Then when you begin searching through old magazines, look for pictures, words and  images that fit your idea of what you really want. Once you've got your goal and your magazines, start cutting!  Don't think about it too hard, just cut!!! The next step will be to glue all of your pictures and phrases onto a piece of poster board. You can decide how large or small to make it.  I looked on Pinterest at other people's vision boards. Some were small 8X10 others took up an entire wall. The final step will be to hang it somewhere where you will see it everyday and can remember your end goal. When life gets tricky, as it always does you can look at your board and remember what's most important.

I hope you will join me as we continue to deal with this yucky winter weather. Have some hot chocolate, grab your magazines and glue sticks. Get cozy, get creative!!!!

Be Well Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!