Saturday, March 1, 2014

VB6 and Me (part 2)

Okay folks, I've been a VB6'er for the past week and a half or so. I think it is a great way to rethink your eating patterns unless... you're like me and when someone says eat what you want, you go bananas!!! My days have been filled with fruits and veggies. Lots of soups and salads and nuts. However by dinner time I'm starving. This is not a VB6 problem this is a me problem. I've always been like that (I don't snack a lot). So with a hunger pain in my belly and a tiny Mark Bittman on my shoulder saying eat what you want,( and as I said last post, I know I'm stress eating) let's just say it hasn't been the prettiest picture. My dinner has been fine but it's that post dinner glass of wine or cupcake (or two) that has gotten me in trouble. Soooo I'm pretty sure go bananas was not how Mr. Bittman pictured people using the VB6. It's all about interpretation!!

In coaching we don't call meeting goals a win or lose situation, we call them win/ learn. We also call goals experiments, because that is exactly what they are. Taking something you want to do and seeing how you can make it work for you. Maybe making a goal of exercising 5 nights a week for an hour at a time is an experiment you set. If it works great, if not what else can you try. Maybe 5 nights a week but only a half hour each time. Or maybe it's three nights a week instead. It's all about honoring who you are and what works best for you. When I'm teaching yoga, I always tell me students it doesn't matter what I'm doing or what your neighbor is doing. It's your body! You have to honor yourself!

As far as me and Mr.Bittman we are still friends. I really do like the VB6 I just need to make it work for me. Maybe adding a small meal between 2:30-4:30 pm that would sustain me a bit more until dinner. Perhaps having some healthy dessert alternatives on hand will help. Maybe I need to have an earlier dinner time. There are lots of choices for me to try. After all it's only an experiment and I'm out to win/learn!!
Be Well Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!