Friday, March 7, 2014

Thoughts On Wellness



Sorry I haven't been as faithful a blogger as I usually am. I have been super busy( who isn't) studying for my well coaching exam. I'm nervous as a cat about it, but absolutely thrilled at the same time. I can't wait to get started helping people on their own journey to wellville!!

I've been thinking a lot more about this whole idea of wellness. Unfortunately, whenever I mention that I'm studying to be a wellness coach people immediately say "oh I could use that I need to lose weight." Losing weight does not equal complete wellness. It can be a part, but not the total package. So let's look at wellness and wellness coaching.

What is wellness?  Wellness is living your best life in body, mind and spirit.Wellness is finding your optimal physical, mental and spiritual health.  Just as every person is different and has different needs and desires, wellness looks different as well. Ask yourself, What does peak wellness look like for me?

What is Wellness Coaching? Wellness Coaching is a partnership between coach and client to connect the dots between who they are and who they want to be. A wellness coach supports their client in taking action towards reaching their desired goals.

I love the above quote. I really think it sums up how we should approach wellness. If we don't take care of our "home" who will. Sometimes having the support of a coach can give us the boost we need to find our best selves. On that note friends, I'm looking for practice clients to work with to prepare for my certification exam. If you are interested please let me know. It is absolutely free!!!! We can work over the phone, so location is not a problem.

Be Well Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!