Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Do You Do When....

Being a mom is probably the most generous job on the planet. You are constantly putting your kiddos needs in front of your own. It seems to just happen without a whole lot of thought. Recently in working with my own wellness goals, I decided to make a commitment to take a group fitness class at the gym 3 times a week. I love going to the gym, I could live there! I'm also much better at doing classes versus working out on my own. I love the camaraderie, the energy, I have just always really loved being in a class. As you can see getting to the gym is not a problem for me. But.... I have these two little creatures that live with me and after a long day at school they don't want to go to the gym with mom and wait in childcare until I'm finished. Especially when it's nice out, they want to hang out at home and play outside. Who can blame them really. So I've had to come up with a Plan B. Even though I like getting to the gym and taking yoga, cardio kickboxing whatever there are days when that is just not going to happen. I stumbled on my Plan B while on Pinterest. They have great workout routines that you can print and use at home at your own pace. A lot of the ones I like come from a site called Fit Sugar. It's actually nice to go at my own pace. I play the songs that get me moving and I'm saving a lot of time since I don't have to wrangle the kids, drive to the gym, find a parking spot etc. I am still going to the gym when I can but when I can't make it I know I have other options. I also decided that when I need to go for a run, obviously I again have the same problem, what do I do with my kids? I came up with my other Plan B for that as well. I can run up and down the parking lot right in front of my townhouse. The kids can stay home and I can get my cardio in. The neighbors may think I'm crazy running up and down and I'm sure I may get bored but we have to do what we can to take care of our own health. Who else is going to take care of us? So I ask you friends, what is your Plan B when your own workout plans don't make it? 

Be Well Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!