Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Wisdom of Oz

I recently watched The Wizard of Oz with my kids for the first time. Of course they freaked out in the beginning and thought something was wrong with the tv having never seen a black and white movie before.They loved the movie and I loved watching it through their eyes. It still ranks as one of my all time favorite movies. Besides the super fab red ruby slippers (which are not a part of the book but oh well), my favorite part is when Glinda the Good Witch reminds Dorothy that she never had to look elsewhere for what she wanted. She had it within herself all along. As a health and wellness coach it is my job to remind my clients that they too have everything they need and all of the answers already within themselves. Sometimes especially after we have been struggling for a long time on whatever wellness battle we are dealing with, it is hard to remember that we are in charge and we have the power to change. It doesn't mean that it will be easy but we are in control of our choices, behaviors and reactions. As a coach, I am not the expert, YOU ARE!! You know what is best for yourself. I love being able to be a guide and partner as you travel on the journey to optimum health. As you go about your day today, whatever challenges fall into your path just remember the wise words of Glinda the Good Witch. " You've had the power all along my dear." Live your best life, take ownership of your destiny and travel on down that yellow brick road. Be Well Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thought!!